“He comforts us when we are in trouble,
so that we can share that same comfort
with others in trouble.
We share in the terrible sufferings of Christ,
but also in the wonderful comfort he gives.”
~2 Corinthians 1:4-5 CEV~
Mrs. Maxine Turner and her sister, Frances Strickland, are now living at Landmark Nursing Home in Hammond. Please pray for them and for the family as they make the adjustment.
Hope Center Thrift Store
- Tuesday – Friday 9 A.M. – 5 P.M.
- Grand Opening Ceremony – Tuesday at 9 A.M.
- Second Harvest Food Program Coming Soon
Devotional, Scriptures, and a Song
- “Gentle Jesus” – http://odb.org/
- “Unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.” ~Matthew 18:3~ “Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these.” ~ Matthew 19:14~
- “Jesus Loves the Little Children” – http://cyberhymnal.org/htm/j/e/jesloves.htm
Looking Ahead – Opportunities
- Tonight – Team Kid @ FBC, K at 5:30.
- Monday – Fall Food Round-Up for La. Baptist Children’s Home Associational WMU at FBC, K @ 10:00; Covered Dish
- Tuesday – Opening Ceremony for Hope Center @ 9:00 Young at Heart @ New Zion Baptist Church @ 10:30
- Thursday – Third Thursday @ The Cabin at 6:30 P.M.
- Friday – Bible Study @ 10:00 – Mary and Martha – Read Luke 10: 38-42 and John 11:1-44; 12:1-8
- Sunday – Breakfast at Pine Ridge United Methodist Church to benefit a needy family – 8 A.M.
Team Kid – Tonight at FBC, K at 5:30
Operation Christmas Child
- Craft Days
- Sept. 13 – Great day of ladies working together for a common purpose
- Sept. 27 @ 1 P.M. – Next craft day
- Packing Day – November 1
Have a great Lord’s Day!