“For I am not ashamed of the gospel,
for it is the power of God for salvation
to everyone who believes,
to the Jew first and also to the Greek.”
~Romans 1:16, NASB~
Please continue to pray for the family of Ray and Beverly Blackwell. I’m sure it is much more difficult to have two patients than to have only one. Pray for the health of these two and strength and knowledge for those making decisions and helping care for them.
Connor Corkern is having a difficult time, but hoping to get better without going into the hospital. Pray for him and for his family as they continue the battle.
Please continue to pray for Mike Hurst as he battles cancer. Pray for the family with him and the family many miles away.
Mrs. Norma Varnado passed away last night. The last months have been difficult for her and her family, but she is at peace now.
Operation Christmas Child
- Thirteen million shoeboxes have been distributed since OCC began. That many boxes placed end-to-end would circle the world 855 times!
- When Hannah Bell met Yuri Lopez, who received a shoebox in a Honduran orphanage, at an OCC event in Scottsdale, AZ last year, she was inspired to collect shoeboxes herself. She set a goal of 100 shoeboxes, which she met by reaching out to her church’s youth group, a local preschool, her dad’s co-workers, and out of state friends. Eight year old Hannah collected 116 shoeboxes and donations to support the cost of shipping. “I learned that helping children can make a difference in the world…helping is the big picture in my heart!” –Hannah Bell, Scottsdale, Arizona
- Working with Operation Christmas Child is a true blessing. Every box is a gospel opportunity and will change a life forever! -Sharra K., OCC supporter
- “My name is Uma from Nepal. I am 13 years old and I’m in 9th grade. I have 7 siblings and it’s very difficult to attend school regularly because we cannot get enough school supplies. I was so excited to see school supplies in the gift box. I did not have any to go to school, but Operation Christmas Child provided me with them. I am so happy to get these. Now I can be regular in my school!”
Week of Prayer for Georgia Barnett Offering for State Missions Sept. 14 -21
“Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good.” Titus 3:14
- Day 1 – First West, Fairbanks, LA – http://georgiabarnette.org/day-1/
- Day 2 – Life Point Community Church, Mansura – http://georgiabarnette.org/day-2/
The WMU of Two Rivers Association will celebrate this week at FBC, Kentwood at 10:00 this morning with Sylvester Humphrey, volunteer coordinator of the new Hope Center, as our speaker. Hope will open at 9:00 in the morning in Roseland with a thrift store and a Second Harvest Food Bank. Applications for the food can be completed beginning in the morning. The dates of food distribution are not schedule yet, but I will keep you update.
Today, final preparations of the building are being made. Later, volunteers will be needed to work each day. Hope Center will be open Tuesday – Friday, 9:00 – 5:00. What a blessing Hope Center will be to people of our area! What is blessing each volunteer will receive!
You may ask how Hope Center and the Georgia Barnett Offering are related. Some of the start-up funds have been provided through our state missions office. Additional funding will be provided by the churches of Two Rivers Association and by individuals.
Third Thursday – We will be meeting Thursday at the cabin at 6:30. Join us for a wonderful evening of food, fellowship, devotional, prayer, and music.
Devotional, Scriptures, and Songs
- “The Blame Game” – http://odb.org/2014/09/15/the-blame-game-2/
- My wrong be upon you! . . .
The Lord judge between you and me.
~Genesis 16:5~ “Where sin increased, grace increased all the more, so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” ~Romans 5:20~
- “Wonderful Grace of Jesus” – http://cyberhymnal.org/htm/w/o/wondergj.htm “Grace Greater than All Our Sins” – http://cyberhymnal.org/htm/g/g/ggreater.htm
Thank-you for reading this today and for praying. You are so important. Remember our 2014 Georgian Barnett theme, “Do Something”.