Do not lie to each other,
since you have taken off your old self with its practices
and have put on the new self,
which is being renewed in knowledge
in the image of its Creator.
~Colossians 3: 9-10 (NIV)~
Koltyn Gafford (Written by his dad about midnight)
Today has been an exciting and stressful day. We stopped sedation at 8:30 and he began to come to, then Koltyn got his ventilator tube taken out around 10:00 and seem to be doing fine for a lil while. We had a few breathing issues so Doc. decided to place him on Bipap just to help him a lil more. He still gets agitated easily & needs medication to relax him. Please continue to pray that his transition is a smooth one.
Mrs. Kathryn Kuss is improving from her recent fall. She hopes to get out a little later in the week and to be at church next Sunday. Keep praying for her complete recovery.
“Miss” Kathryn’s brother, Mr. Cush Shaw of Hammond, will soon be having surgery for a spinal problem. Pray he gets some relief. Pray for the medical staff who will be involved with his surgery.
Mrs. Hazel Smith’s surgery is scheduled for Monday morning. If all goes well, this will be out-patient surgery. “Miss” Hazels daughters are taking good care of her.
Food for Convenience of Two Families
- Bring to my classroom this morning. The food will be delivered today.
- Family 1 – Quart-size bags of one dish meals and sugarless desserts
- Family 2 – Fresh or fresh frozen fruits and vegetable (not chemically processed)
Lottie Moon Offering for International Missions
- “Fruitful Relationship”
The Hope Center will reopen Tuesday morning at 9:00.
Operation Christmas Child
- Check the table across from the kitchen in the area of the fellowship hall.
- Get a bag, for your class or family, to fill this month.
- Repeat the process for ten months.
Thom S. Rainer’s “Top 14 Posts of 2014”
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song
- “The Beautiful Bride” – http://odb.org/2015/01/04/the-beautiful-bride/
The marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready. ~Revelation 19:7~
- “The Church’s One Foundation” – http://www.hymnary.org/text/the_churchs_one_foundation
Daily Bible Reading for Sunday
I hope you will find your way to a church where you feel comfortable, blessed, and “fed” today.