Happy New Year!
And we know that in all things
God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose.
~ Romans 8:28~
Last year, on 1-1-15, I started a Blesssings/Thankfulness project. Each day of 2015, I wrote some way I was blessed that day or something I was thankful for. I completed the year by writing the 12-31-15 paper last night. I had an old, unusual vase that I tied a small ribbon around. That has been my collection jar. On day, hopefully soon, I will take all the papers out of the jar, organize them by date and put them in a notebook. Now, will I start a new jar or use a new method for 2016? That remains to be seen!
Without reading all those papers, I can tell you God richly blessed me this past year. I am so thankful for His love and watch-care over me and those I love so much.
Mrs. Mary Nell Kliesch is continuing to improve. Keep her in your prayers.
Mr. James Miller has had a few good days. He has a break before the next round of treatment. Stay tuned for information about giving blood to replace some of what he has used lately.
Scripture Writing – January 1 – Isaiah 43:16-19
Get a notebook and spend a few minutes each day in God’s Word.
Frozen Food Sunday is coming up this week. Be sure to have some frozen food ready to share. Bring your items to my classroom before Sunday School. I will add my items and deliver Sunday afternoon. Your food will be a blessing all month.
Devotional, Scripture, and a Song
- “This Could be the Year” – http://odb.org/2016/01/01/this-could-be-the-year/
- We who are still alive and are left will . . . meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. ~1 Thessalonians 4:17~
- ” Saved, Saved” – Can you tell I have many favorites?
- Lyrics – http://cyberhymnal.org/htm/s/a/savdsavd.htmhttp://cyberhymnal.org/htm/s/a/savdsavd.htm
- History – http://www.hymnpod.com/2009/02/23/saved-saved/
- Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73HBzNM-wnI
- I grew up in a small church, but the enthusiasm for singing was as great as in this video.
- I also love how the director did just that – He directed!
- Most of all, I’m thankful to say I’m saved and hope you can say the same.
Be safe if you are traveling today!